Books 14-16

If you have been anxiously awaiting another book review post and getting worried about me falling behind in my reading, you're not alone. Me too.

14. Big Little Lies, Liane Moriarty. I loved this book! Two friends recommended it and I was looking forward to a quick, friendly read, if you know what I mean. It was exactly that. I sped through almost the whole thing in one beach day and it killed me to wait to finish the next day (during Sunday School, whoops). Takes place in Australia, which was fun and fairly new to me. Plenty of surprises.

15. The Moon is Down, John Steinbeck. I have read a few other Steinbecks (including East of Eden, which is my favorite book), but I hadn't even heard of this, and after reading it I wasn't surprised. It's basically WWII propaganda, and very popular propaganda at the time, but it hasn't gotten much attention since, which I learned from reading the introduction to my copy (something I almost never do). It was a short, which was nice, and the story was compelling.

16. Into Thin Air, Jon Krakauer. This story was nuts. I didn't really know anything about it before reading it, and most of my knowledge of Mt. Everest came from the IMAX movie I saw at least a few times in middle school (mentioned in the book). The tale was tragic and even a little gory, and convinced me to never even aspire to summit Everest.

I was on the type of vacation that doesn't allow for lots of reading this past weekend, but I have big reading plans to catch up! Currently listening to East of Eden and reading Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus and My Name is Asher Lev. I'm trying desperately to get back on track. Will report hopefully soon!

Comments