The last time there was this much excitement about a tablet, it had some commandments written on it.

Wednesday, January 27, was an important day in the life of Brian Allred and all other Apple fans.

The iPad was announced.

We decided to have a party to celebrate the announcement. One requirement was that neither of us turn on a tv, use the internet, listen to the radio, or talk to anyone who knew all the details already. We waited until coverage of the event was posted on the Apple website and then connected the computer to the tv and watched it. It was hard, mostly for Brian. He had to turn his phone off. No one I knew said anything about it to me.

We kept busy after the announcement until it was posted, about 7 pm. Brian did his taxes. I was at work. Then we went to IKEA. Then we came home to a wonderful assortment of apple foods, prepared mostly by my mom.

We had apple-Gouda sausages, caramel apple pops, apple slices with peanut butter, and apple beer for dinner.
Brian brought some Apple decorations, namely his way old-school computer and his nametag.

The event was posted right before dinner, so we rushed through it and started watching. It was exciting at the beginning, so I had a lot of things to say, and my dad kept shushing me. Then it got kinda boring when Steve Jobs wanted to look at pictures of animals for a million years. The demo was just kind of long. But I was still excited.

An hour and a half later, it was over. But we still had two exciting events!

I made a special Apple Cheesecake (and no, I didn't make it up, I found a recipe) for the occasion. I was worried it was going to be weird but actually it was delicious.

Then we played Scrabble with a whole set of extra i's so we could do iEverything. Some of them are missing, but you get the idea. We got double points for spelling an iWord, but you had to say what it was. iMace: a self-defense tool. Etc.

Overall, it was a successful party even though no one came except Brian and my family. Plus, the iPad is sweet.

Comments

  1. That apple cheesecake sounds amazing!!! Also, you are getting so good at your spacing/inserting pictures in your blog. I am so proud. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment