A New Life!

A new person exists. And her name is Ellis Virginia Coppins and she is my niece.

One week ago, she was not in the world. Her world was the inside of her mother's body. My world was much lighter and less wet than hers and also it had 7 billion people in it but none of them were her.

She was due to enter this world (my world) today, February 21. But instead of doing that (which would have been fine), she came on Sunday. This was even better, because I happened to be in New York City (her birthplace) awaiting her arrival. She came literally right on time (my time), and that allowed me to see her during the first hour of her time in this world (our world).

Now she has a whole life to live and it is the greatest thing to see it start. She gets to develop a personality and learn everything starting now. And I (and her parents and all the other people watching anxiously) will be witnesses to this new existence that all of a sudden is.

Welcome to this world, Ellie.


Comments